Dancing Through History
Important Information For Parents of Pre-K, Kinder and Primary Dancers
REHEARSAL AND PICTURE DAY
- Please bring your child already dressed with makeup and hair done before arriving the theater
- arrive 15 minutes prior to given rehearsal time.
- Enter theater go down the stairs to the backstage area into the green room where a staff member will be waiting for your child, then proceed to the auditorium.
- All children will be escorted from backstage to rehearse on stage then to picture area where their group photo will be taken as well as any individual photos you may want.
- Please bring photo form filled out prior to arriving at the theater
- Please remain in theater until group photo is over – the more people crowded around the photographer the more the children will be distracted from their photo. You will be called when your child is ready for their individual shot, so you may give your paperwork to the photographer directly.
- The photographer does not cash your check until she starts processing the photographs. It take approximately 8 to 10 weeks to receive your photos. You will receive an e-mail when they arrive, and they will be available for pick-up in the studio.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to showtime with your child in their costume with hair & make up done.
- Follow the same directions as rehearsal day to the greenroom in the backstage area.
- You will have to sign in your child
- THE WRIST BAND IN YOUR TICKET ENVELOPE IS FOR YOU TO WEAR THAT DAY IN ORDER TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD, YOUR CHILD WILL BE WRISTBANDED BY US AFTER THEIR PERFORMANCE
- Drop off your child to our staff member and please find your seat in the theater
- NO ONE IS PERMITTED BACKSTAGE DURING INTERMISSION, THE TEACHERS WILL HANDLE ANY COSTUME CHANGES. ALL CHILDREN MUST STAY THROUGH THE FINALE – NO CHILD WILL BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE AFTER THEY ARE SIGNED IN UNTIL THE END OF THE SHOW.
- We know where everyone is sitting, and we will also collect all cell phone numbers so that way we can contact if you if we need you.
- After the finale, ONLY WRISTBANDED ADULTS WILL BE PERMITTED TO REMAIN IN THE THEATER, AFTER THE REST OF THE AUDIENCE HAS BEEN RELEASED WE WILL RELEASE EACH CHILD FROM THE STAGE TO THE WRISTBANDED PARENT ONLY, THEY WILL BE RELEASED IN ORDER OF AGE (YOUNGEST FIRST)
- Please pack your child snacks – pretzels, crackers, water only, nothing that will get their costume dirty.
- Please pack them an oversized tshirt to go over their costume after they perform so they can eat any lunch or dinner you have packed for them and not get dirty for finale.
- Please put your child’s name on all of their belongings, including shoes, costumes, etc..
- We have plenty to keep them busy – arts and crafts, videos, crayons, games, etc.
- Our staff members consist only of our teachers and family members.
- The show runs approximately 2 hours.